Plan Your Visit
We are so glad you are here!
You are always welcome at All Souls Unitarian Church of Indianapolis (ASUC). We embrace many beliefs, welcome all genders and sexual orientation, and are increasingly accessible to people of all abilities.
When Do We Worship Together?
All Souls meets as a church community on Sunday mornings at 10:30am.
What Do I Wear?
Casual clothing is the usual attire on a Sunday morning. Whatever you choose to wear, we look forward to meeting you!
How Do I Get There?
We are located at 5805 E. 56th Street, just a minute or two from 465. Exit onto 56th street, then head west. We are on the left, past Arlington.
Where Do I Park?
All Souls has a large parking lot with handicap designated spaces and a drop-off zone directly in front of our north walkway.
About Our Accessibility Resources
We welcome and affirm people of all abilities. We have taken the following steps to assure that no one is excluded from full participation in the life of our church:O
All Souls has hearing assistance devices as well as large print hymnals outside our Sanctuary on our Sunday Resources Table. Please let a greeter or usher know if you need help locating them. We are pleased to have an elevator that allows access to each half-floor of our church building.
An All-Gender restroom is accessible and directly inside our main doors.
If you would like an orientation tour of the campus during the week, contact Shelley Carveer at the church office (317-545-6005 ext. 0, email@example.com) to make arrangements. Office hours are 9am-2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Other hours may be available by appointment.
Children and Youth
We have a nursery and programs for preschool through high school. If you feel that your child may need special accommodations in our Children’s Lifespan Program, please contact our Director for Children’s and Community Programming Sarah Cannon (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of your visit so the best possible arrangements can be made.
We provide pastoral care to all members. If you have an invisible disability and would like to let us know, please contact our Minister at email@example.com to share your information in confidence.
We have grassy areas directly outside both the Sanctuary as well as both front entrances where service animals may relieve themselves.
An LGBTQ-Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, queer, and more at every level of congregational life.
As a Welcoming Congregation we pledge to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual and queer liberation and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer people are at stake.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Shelley Carver at the church office (317-545-6005 ext. 0, firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements. Office hours are 9am-2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Other hours may be available by appointment.