Plan Your Visit
Visiting All Souls During Covid-19
To abide by Governor Holcomb’s stay at home order, and to mitigate the impact of the virus, we will be offering Sunday services online only through April 26, 2020. Until otherwise communicated, the church facility will remain closed and we are encouraging all meetings and programs to be offered online via Zoom. Please contact Shelley Carver, our office manager, with questions. Here is what you need to know for joining us for our Sunday services, offered through Zoom. You can join via a computer, tablet or smartphone for visual teleconferencing (highly recommended!), or simply dial in using your phones and listen in.
Visit: https://zoom.us/j/412806814 Dial by your location+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)+1 253 215 8782 US+1 301 715 8592 USMeeting ID: 412 806 814 Here are some tips for joining us:
- If you have never used Zoom before, try to set it up before the meeting by going to Zoom.us, and clicking “join a meeting” which prompts you to download the software.
- Log in five to fifteen minutes early, and if you have sound issues, check your volume; assistance is available in the chat function accessed through the bottom of your Zoom screen. You can also access these online tutorials for Zoom.
- For better sound quality, everyone will be muted upon entry, but you can ask for help or make comments in the chat function. You may be greeted as you join (feel free to waive back).
- Your video (if available) will also be set to on when you join; you can turn this off if you wish. During this time of social distancing, the ability to see everyone’s smiling faces and be “in community together” was a big part of the reason we chose Zoom. It does mean that people may see you … perhaps in your pajamas and drinking coffee?
- We are still welcoming new guests to our Sunday service and also wanting to connect with our members. You can access your connection card here.
- You can donate to our “collection plate” through Paypal. If you wish to split your donation with our ministerial discretionary fund (to assist those impacted by the pandemic) then please write split in the memo line.
- If you haven’t yet, please take time today to submit your financial pledge online to support our church operations.
- We will transition straight into our virtual coffee hour following the service. If you would like to join us, please stay on the Zoom call and you will be assigned breakout rooms to continue our community conversation.
Thank you for being part of our community; and as a community, we will weather this experience together.
Visiting All Souls in Person
* The church building will be closed until at least April 26, 2020
We are so glad you are here!
You are always welcome at All Souls Unitarian Church of Indianapolis (ASUC). We embrace many beliefs, welcome all genders and sexual orientation, and are increasingly accessible to people of all abilities.
When Do We Worship Together?
All Souls meets as a church community on Sunday mornings at 10:30am.
What Do I Wear?
Casual clothing is the usual attire on a Sunday morning. Whatever you choose to wear, we look forward to meeting you!
How Do I Get There?
We are located at 5805 E. 56th Street, just a minute or two from 465. Exit onto 56th street, then head west. We are on the left, past Arlington.
Where Do I Park?
All Souls has a large parking lot with handicap designated spaces and a drop-off zone directly in front of our north walkway.
About Our Accessibility Resources
We welcome and affirm people of all abilities. We have taken the following steps to assure that no one is excluded from full participation in the life of our church:O
All Souls has hearing assistance devices as well as large print hymnals outside our Sanctuary on our Sunday Resources Table. Please let a greeter or usher know if you need help locating them. We are pleased to have an elevator that allows access to each half-floor of our church building.
An All-Gender restroom is accessible and directly inside our main doors.
If you would like an orientation tour of the campus during the week, contact Shelley Carveer at the church office (317-545-6005 ext. 0, firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements. Office hours are 9am-2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Other hours may be available by appointment.
Children and Youth
We have a nursery and programs for preschool through high school. If you feel that your child may need special accommodations in our Children’s Lifespan Program, please contact our Director for Children’s and Community Programming Sarah Cannon (email@example.com) in advance of your visit so the best possible arrangements can be made.
We provide pastoral care to all members. If you have an invisible disability and would like to let us know, please contact our Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your information in confidence.
We have grassy areas directly outside both the Sanctuary as well as both front entrances where service animals may relieve themselves.
An LGBTQ-Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, queer, and more at every level of congregational life.
As a Welcoming Congregation we pledge to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual and queer liberation and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and queer people are at stake.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Shelley Carver at the church office (317-545-6005 ext. 0, email@example.com) to make arrangements. Office hours are 9am-2pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Other hours may be available by appointment.